Bread Angels worked with Just Bread, an organisation that taught bakery skills to refugee women in the UK click to enlarge
Once you have completed the Bread Angels course we will ask you to become an affiliate. The cost is £70 per annum and takes effect from the first anniversary of the date students complete the course, which means the first year's fees are included in the cost of the course. You don’t have to be selling bread to be an affiliate. May people wish to be part of our community, to continue learning and supporting the work that we do to make good bread available to all. When you are an affiliated member you get great benefits that include:
1. Discounts on equipment, ingredients, and further training courses. We are thankful for our partner who generously give affiliated members of Bread Angels discounts from 10-20% on their products and services. Click there to read more about our parnters.
2. Ability to list your micro bakery and/or teaching business on the website. The Bread Angels website receives hundreds of hits per day and is an excellent way to show case your business. In addition, the Bread Angels website is a booking engine which means you do not have to set up your own. The Bread Angels website benefits from direct links from the Virtuous Bread website which has thousands of followers and is an award winning social enterprise operating in the world of bread.
3. Receive regular newsletters with valuable information. We send out regular newsletters that contain free recipes; opportunities to participate in markets; invitations to speak and/or demonstrate at events ranging from The Cake and Bake Show to the Bread Festival on the South Bank of London; links to requests from journalists that will help build your profile, volunteering opportunities, and much more.
4. Benefit from the money invested in press services and PR services. These services generate opportunities for you to be in the press which helps to market you and your business and build your market.
5. Receive invitations. We try to get together once or twice a year either as just a social event (drinks on the South Bank in December 2014) or as a learning and social event (reunion with speakers and guests at Gaye Whitwam's house in June 2013).
6. Onging training. Where else can you get training on how to teach bread baking classes for free? Nowhere would be the answer to that question. However, if you are an affiliated member you can work with any of the teaching Bread Angels to develop your training skills and to prepare yourself to teach your own bread baking classes.
In addition, when you are an affiliated member, you know you are helping to effect positive social change through bread and that is heroic indeed!
The cost of membership is 60.00 per year, payable by direct debit. The fee is waived for one year after you do the course although signing on to the direct debit programme is required to be affiliated, as the mailing list and the direct debit lists are linked. Remember, the great thing about direct debits is that you are warned before any funds are taken from your account and you can cancel them at any time.